Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a weekend

What I thought was going to be a great start to my weekend turned out not to be the case. Friday was going to be date night with our good friends since we both had sitters. The moment I got home from work I received a call that my father-in-law was being transferred to the trauma ICU because he had a stroke. This is news no one wants to receive, no matter what day or time it is.

Between emotions and sleeplessness, exhaustion set in for me on Saturday and I got really cranky. I didn't do much, but does it matter in the grand scheme of things? So early to bed for me.

My dreaded paper has stared me in the face for too long so I made it a point to attack it this afternoon only to be interupted every 2 mins by the kids. It's finished and in no way a masterpiece. Hey, it's finished and at this point that is all that matters.

So to end the crazy weekend we decided that today is the day we end the bottle of milk to bed for Ian. Yes, we are love to torture kids and ourselves...that is so not the case. It was around 30 mins of crying and banging on the door but he ultimately jumped in bed and passed out. It is time, no more bottle little man. ((Good luck tomorrow Todd, nap time will be fun for you))

All in all, it was a crummy weekend, more so for my in-laws. Dinner out kept our spirits up as good friends know how to do that. The good news is my father-in-law is doing very well given what he has gone through and what the outcome could have been.

Heres to a new week with new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment